As one of the most popular music streaming services on the market, Apple Music provides more than just playlists and albums. You can also listen to radio stations on the platform.
Typically, you must pay to stream music on the app, but you can listen to Apple Music stations without having an active subscription. So if you’ve recently unsubscribed for whatever reason, you can continue to enjoy radio stations.
Keep reading to learn how to stream Apple Music radio stations for free.
How to Listen to Apple Music Radio Stations
Although you can stream Apple Music radio stations for free, there’s one essential requirement that you must fulfill. You need to create an Apple ID if you don’t have one. If you have one and forgot your credentials, there are different ways of resetting your Apple ID password.
Once you have an Apple ID, get started by following these steps:
- Open the Apple Music app and sign in using your Apple ID.
- Once you sign in, Apple might show you a promotional screen to subscribe to Apple Music. Dismiss the screen to go to the main interface.
- Tap Radio at the bottom of the screen to open the tab.
- Once in the Radio tab, look for a station you’d like to listen to and tap the play button. Alternatively, scroll down to view stations from local and international broadcasters.
- If you need to search for a specific station, use the Search option in the bottom right. You can search by name, frequency, nickname, or even call sign.
As of writing, you can listen to Apple Music Hits and Apple Music Country without a subscription, but only for a limited time. However, you can listen to Apple Music 1 live freely, but you won’t be able to stream past shows on-demand until you subscribe to Apple Music (or get Apple Music for free to see if it’s worth it).
On the other hand, broadcast radio is free. The only catch is that not all radio stations are available in every country, and Apple Music’s broadcast radio feature is also unavailable in all regions.
Enjoy Apple Music Radio for Free
Apple Music requires a subscription. However, since you can stream broadcast radio and select Apple Music stations for free, and as long as you’re happy with the selection, there’s no point in paying. Otherwise, you’ll have to pay to create your stations and stream all available stations on Apple Music.